How I Start My Day



I start my day early because I like to begin with the calmness and peace that morning time brings with it. I am usually woken up by 6 by the loud chirping of a variety of birds outside my house. I consider myself lucky to see parrots hustling around trees just outside my window as the first sight of the day. I wonder what they are telling each other. I usually don't have trouble waking up early as I am naturally a morning person. I make my bed as soon as I am up and open up the blinds to let the warmth of the morning Sun light up every corner of my room.



After freshening up I change into my workout clothes and follow a home exercise routine that I have got used to these days. It's easy and feels good after doing. I do thirty minutes of basic stretches and some simple exercises on my yoga mat. Early morning stretching helps in getting over the muscle tightness and increases blood flow throughout the body. It also aids in flushing out the toxins. I step out for a walk outside for the next thirty minutes. I carry a raincoat with a built-in hood, just in case I need it. This is the time I listen to inspiring audio content from the internet. Sometimes I also shop for fresh vegetables and bread from the nearby stores. I am usually their first customer and I am greeted with a generous smile. I love buying green leafy vegetables and fruits as I feel that it sets your mind on a healthy track. If I am lucky, I pluck some flowers to put in my room. I like the wild variety too. Anything that's pretty and unique works well for me. 




The next activity in my routine is cleaning- cleaning the house, my car, and myself. I dust my cars before I get home from my walk.


Once I reach home I get busy cleaning the house. This would include cleaning, dusting, mopping, and so on but not everything on the same day. Doing some cleaning consistently every day helps keep the house in a much better condition than doing them sporadically. I spend a little more time cleaning on weekends when compared to weekdays to save my energy and time for other important work.


All this is then followed by a warm and refreshing shower. I change into a fresh set of clothes and use a mild perfume to perk myself up. By 8 am I usually log in to my office laptop and start my work. Sometimes, if I feel like I rest a little before I log in.


I like to start my day with a to-do list of all the things that I liked to achieve that day. I will write in a separate article on the details of how I plan my work during the day and about my nightly routine. Since I wake up early I also get to bed early. So I need to complete my important tasks of the day before I start feeling tired.



The first intake is a green juice taken at 10 am in morning. I follow both dry fasting and intermittent fasting methods to keep my system clean and minimal. Dry fasting means not drinking or eating anything for 4-6 hours after waking up. Intermittent fasting is breaking your day into an eating window and a fasting window. Ideally, it is suggested to be 8:16 that is, 8 hours of eating and 16 hours of fasting window. Both these methods help in keeping the body clean and flushing the toxins out of the body.


So this is the current routine that I follow. I keep making small changes to it as I keep learning new things and it keeps evolving over time. Out of all the things I do I enjoy taking a walk in the early hours as the morning air helps to clear my mind. Hence I don't miss it even for the occasional rains.



Comments

Popular Posts